Wednesday, June 12, 2013

End of School Year Photos Etc, etc, etc,

This isn't an end of school year picture.  It's just a picture I really love.  There's not much I like more than to retreat to my bedroom with a book or a good text conversation in progress while sipping on the hard stuff. 
Labor Day weekend was Brig's company party at Lagoon.  We had a great time!  First time we've been to Lagoon without getting into an argument or having a child meltdown.  

Freaky sky ride.  It makes my knees weak and the bottom of my feet sweaty.  I passed and just pushed Brielle in the stroller to the other side of the park. 
Ava had her first grade program a couple of weeks before school let out.  They sang Beatles' songs and did choreographed dances all to the theme of Funky Fish Party.  I really love this girl. 
Why I can never fold clothes why Bree is awake.  She likes to snuggle her clothing possessively.  It's cute but makes for a prolonged laundry day. 
The girls were drinking their orange julius's snuggled up on the couch with a blanket shielding their delicate hands from the cold beverage.  If you look closely you'll see Ava has zombie eyes, I think. 
End of school fun run.  Ava begged Brig to run with her and then promptly left him for her friends.  Don't worry.  Apparently her friends decided to run the whole way and she said she had to preserve her energy for recess.  So Brig got to walk with her.  When she saw me waiting for her she began to run.  I've been doing this the whole time mom! Right. 
 Ava and Emilie enjoying a day in the sun. 
 Sunday afternoon nap.  I love when my kids cuddle up on me when we nap. 
 Ava and Brielle at the softball diamond.  Twice weekly you'll find us there. 
Taken at 10:30 at night.  Summer is so hard for me to keep the kids on schedule.  But I was dealing with this...
The end of school blues.  Ava's the only kid I've ever known to be sad for summer vacation.  She cried the night before...and five minutes after school let out...and later that night thinking about her teacher.   My Ava, loves with her whole soul she does. 
 Brielle wasn't sad.  It was time to party!

 Another funky fish party pic.
Donna, Ava and Emilie.  The three Amigos.  Ava is still bummed she wasn't born in China like her friends, but hey you've got to play the hand you're dealt. 
 Well at least one of us was smiling.


Worn out.  Lagoon will do that to you, either that or Lay's Potato Chips have some magical sleep property I was not aware of.  
 I never noticed my flintstone foot in the picture.  It seems to be enjoying itself though, so carry on. 
 Life can be really rough when you're 2 1/2.  Especially when your mom snaps a photo instead of actually solving your problems.
 One day I'll sleep through the night.  That day hasn't come yet. 



 Play hard...
 Crash hard!
This is what I wear when I don't want anyone to recognize me.  The mustache looks totally authentic. 

1 comment:

Matt Payne said...

i'm so glad your toes are painted in the picture with your foot. fun pictures. cute girls.