Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is Anybody Out There?

I call into the vast void that is the internet.  Confession: I've been awake since 3:30 this morning.  I woke up with a major thirst issue.  So I padded from the bedroom to the kitchen and thanked Odin I remembered to refill the plastic pitcher last night so my middle of the night thirst could be quenched by ICE COLD water.  




Initially I woke up to a sound.  The sound of what I'm not sure but all I know is in my haziness I automatically assumed, as I always assume that any foreign noise is the sound of some pervert trying to break into my daughter's bedroom.  Paranoid?  Yeah.  Morbid?  Probably.  Unreasonable?  I don't think so.  You know what ruined me?  That Ensign story I read ten years ago about the mother that woke up in the middle of the night for no reason other than having the feeling her child was in danger.  She talks herself out of it not once, but three times before she finally gets up and goes and checks on her child.  Fortunately she did because...here's where my memory is fuzzy...her son is caught between the wall and the bunk bed?  I can't recall but thanks to that story every time I even remotely think something paranoid I simply can't discount it's possible merit.  Stupid Ensign.  You have been the cause of many a sleepless hour.  Oh.  And also a great source of spiritual enlightenment :)  Don't want to leave that out!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Jason woke up from a sound sleep at 4 am two nights ago and said in a panic
"where are the kids?"
I suddenly had that nervous chill and my heart was beating a million beats per minute. I told him In their beds. He said "we need to bring them upstairs."
We did, and even though I was preparing to find a deceased child, they were all well and even a little grouchy to be drug out of bed.
Anyways he said it was just a feeling he had three times during the night about the kids not being safe. He even said his mind had turned to carbon monoxide.
So...the story ends with, they all (husband included) were snoring away within minutes as for me I of course was worried so sick I never was able to return to dreamland.
Aren't promptings something else?

Jill said...

I love the Ensign and enjoy reading the articles. But if someone became paranoid from that article, it'd be you. I think you enjoy being paranoid. ha ha. :) What would you do if you didn't worry??????