Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Brielle at 15 Months

It's funny when you've been living your life and someone comes along and it's like you can't fathom how you've survived without their presence in your life.  I suppose each child that comes into a family is like that, for me I feel as if I've known Brielle for a very long time, and yet here she is just fifteen months old. 
This is her camera shy face.  She covers her mouth and squints her eyes.  She is generally not shy, at least not Ava shy.  Ava tried to climb my leg every time someone came around she wasn't familiar with. 
You wouldn't know it by looking at her, but she has a very big personality.  Very forceful when she wants something.  One day she did something at home that was a no-no and Ava said, "She thinks she's the boss around here."  I had to agree.  She does think she's the boss.  And she kind of is. 
She's been imitating a few words.  She says - busy, busy bee! and baby and yum-yum.  She won't leave the house without a raggedy looking doll from Ava's toddler hood and her silver and pink purse.  She is almost running.  She fell and skinned her knee the other day and got back up without even a whimper.  She copies everything that Ava does.  She loves to have shoes on her feet.  She is constantly bringing me her shoes to put on if they are off.  She wants to be outside all the time.  She is terrified of dogs.  She loves to be read to.  Her favorite book is Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes, with Mercer Mayer's The New Baby close behind.  She loves fruit, especially peaches and pears.  She doesn't care for meat.  We can never make it through a full sacrament meeting.  We are always prowling the halls.  She shares well with other babies.  Besides me, her daddy and Ava, Grandma Debbie is her favorite person.  If you make her mad she will scratch your face with her fingernails, or pinch your arm or leg.  If you are sad she will come and hug you.  I love my Bree-Bree.  I can't believe I managed twenty-nine years without this little person in my arms. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

i know just how you feel. it's funny how 15 mths isn't very long but yet it feels like forever. oh i love Brielle. she's just so adorable! Love her little shoes.

Melissa said...

She is a babe! I hope youre not mad at us for holding you hostage on Thursday. We just miss you so much we didnt want you to leave!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.