Wednesday, May 30, 2012

In Case You Were Wondering...

I'm still here.  The computer is not on the fritz.  I just haven't been writing on this blog.  Also my camera is broken, so I don't have any pictures to share. 

I will say though, that life is great.  We're headed into June and what month is better than June?  My husband has morphed into my father and has been spending a lot of time in the saddle...the bicycle saddle.  I have odd flashbacks when Brig asks me to rub his sore legs.  Mom rubbing Dad's baby smooth legs in the front room.  Life is just full of oddities, isn't it?  You marry a guy that you think has very little in common with your father and then ten years later...BAM!  Joke's on you. 

On the other hand, he did tell me that I am just steps away from becoming a Mormon Tabernacle Choir listener like his mother.  He was mocking my radio choice.  100.3 FM One-Hundreeeeeed!  You've heard the jingle.  But what he doesn't get is that I drive around with kids in the backseat.  I have to be careful of what song lyrics enter their very impressionable brains.  Case in point: we were driving downtown and I'm not sure what station it was tuned to, but the song Let's Do it like they do on the Discovery Channel came on.  I turned the station after a couple of incredibly suggestive lines and immediately Ava pipes up, "Mom!  I liked that song."  Then she started singing part of the chorus and I nearly drove my car up over the curve and into the Little America Hotel.  Now I have to disagree with Brig.  My mother-in-law has those heavenly voices blasting the second you turn the key in her vehicle.  I do not.  While Brig is walking around in full spandex.  You tell me who is more like the other one's parent? 

I had a Gyro for the first time today.  I can still taste it in my mouth and it's been hours later.  It was good, but strong.  Hopefully the spices they used on the lamb won't be eeking out through my pores tomorrow. 

I came across a show the other day while flipping channels.  It's called Impractical Jokers on TruTV.  P.S. I hate when people spell words incorrectly.  Why couldn't TruTV have used the E?  It's only one letter more.  It's like Rite Aid.  There's nothing right about spelling rite that way. 

I digress.  One clip in particular had me laughing.  It reminds me of something my friends and I might have done in high school if we had mics in our ears telling each other what to do.  I'll embed it on the bar to the left.  If you don't hear from me for another three weeks it's because I'm really enjoying June. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

glad to hear from you. i'm like you i either listen to Q92 or nothing. what else can you do. i'm checking out that show for sure.

Melissa said...

Can we have some park days?! Here there or anywhere?