Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Zoo

No, this is not a post about my life...but my house is kind of a zoo.  We're all a little eccentric around here.  No this is where I dump the pictures I took at the zoo when my brother Darren, and his family came to visit from the wilds of Idaho.  Have I ever told you how much I love my brother?  Well I do.  I really, really do.  And Ericka, his wife is one of the most creative women you'll ever meet.  I love her too.  Without further ado:




 From left to right: Brielle, Camden, Ava and Casen.  We didn't get baby Cache in the picture.


 The seals at the Rocky Shores exhibit.  We came on the Friday it opened.  I was surprised that it wasn't busier.  The poor kids in the Salt Lake School District still had school that day.  Maybe that added to it.  Ava ditched her two hour half day. 
 I could have sat and watched the seals for a very long time.  They are so graceful.

 Polar bear.  It didn't get in the water while we were there, but it was still neat to look at.  There were also some grizzly bears that were sleeping, but they didn't seem picture worthy.  I don't know, I guess you don't see bears every day, but they weren't doing anything.  Which is usually what I complain about at the zoo.  I paid good money now dance, monkeys, dance!

 Ava trying to force Brielle to look at the camera.  Ava, such a helper, even when you don't really want the help.
 Between the three of them, you're looking at about $2007.50. 
The Reptile House.  I dread this place.  Is there any more unholy stink than that which exists in this humid place?  I don't think so. 


 Baby Meerkat.  Cutest thing ever.
 Can't recall the name of this bird, but I was quite taken with it.  Ericka says that they had these in the south and that someone once told her they are pink because they eat so much shrimp. 
 Ava's fake and somewhat scary smile.

 Brielle on the train.  She did pretty well, although it was in and out of the stroller quite a bit.
Camera shy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

$2007! Sounds like you got a steal of a deal on your baby! :). Or was that just for three drinks?