Thursday, June 14, 2012

Last Day of School and Kindergarten Graduation

I'm going to steal my good friend Jill's idea here and post a picture of Ava on her first day of Kindergarten and also on her last day. 


She learned how to read this year, how to add and subtract, how to do many yoga poses in P.E. (Times sure have changed since I was a kid.  Ava's never even heard of Dodgeball.) how to maintain a not-so-secret crush on a boy named Mattheo, and how to pronounce her D's and T's in Speech Class.  Ms. Eskeli wrote about her: Ava is a good student who listens well.  She is friendly with other students and helps those around her who need it. 

Now on to Graduation. 

Ava Smith and Ava Wilcox filing in behind her.  You gotta love naming your kid a name you didn't know was so popular.
Ava had such a serious look on her face the entire time.  She kept trying not to smile.  I'm not sure why. 
Each kid stood up and said what memory they liked best about their year in Kindergarten.  Ava said eating a snow cone on Field Day.  Is she my kid, or what?
 You're looking at the graduating class of 2024!  Makes you feel old, doesn't it?


Ava's Kindergarten love Mattheo is in the bottom right hand corner proudly displaying his picture.  For Ava it was Mattheo.  For me it was Aaron Chambers.  Doesn't everyone have a first crush? 



Funny story about getting ready that morning.  Ava had to be there earlier so she left while I was doing my hair.  I hardly wear my hair half up anymore, but felt like it this day so I put it up and Bree walked into the bathroom and immediately stared at my head with scared eyes and backed the heck out of there.  She ran from me when I tried to pick her up and change her.  She hid behind Brig's legs when I came into the bedroom.  She was terrified of me.  I guess I'll have to retire the hairstyle.  Even at the graduation she wouldn't sit on my lap or have anything to do with me. 
 Ava and Brielle
 Ava and Meli
 Ava and Ms. Eskeli

After their ceremony they disrobed and did a play of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.  It was cute.  Then they had refreshments and signed year books or homemade autograph books for the cheap parents like me.  Brig was really embarrassed that I hadn't purchased a year book for Ava.  It was only ten dollars, but when I got the form to order one I thought That doesn't seem very necessary.  They're only six.  It looked like about half of the parents felt the same way, and the other half did not.  I guess I'll order a very necessary year book next year.  What can you do? 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Bwahaha. I think you look really pretty in all these pictures! Maybe Brielle just needs more exposures to you hair half up!

Jill said...

how funny she was scared of you! Haha! you should save that hairstyle for days you want to go out! haha then she won't want to go with you or be sad when you leave!