Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Frolics

I don't know why I titled this post that because we didn't really frolic a whole lot.  I think the last time I frolicked was three years ago when Brig and I thought it would be a good idea to roll down a hill with Ava.  Sick.  As.  A.  Dog.  Why does no one warn you that once you're over twenty-five that spinning and rolling messes up your head in a major way.  Both Brig and I laid there for a good ten minutes.  We both felt awful.  Ava got up and ran back up the hill and did it over and over again.  Aw youth.
 



Brielle doing her best John Wayne impression, "Young fella, if you're lookin' for trouble I'll accommodate ya."  



I've been looking into Brig and I's genealogy.  I've been looking for a common thread.  I don't know why I thought there would be one.  It's not like I wanted us to be related a few generations back.  I was just, curious I guess.  The closest I've come is finding two ancestors who were both at Haun's Mill.  There was a massacre there for those who don't know.  His great-great-and so on grandfather Thomas McBride was murdered there as well as my great-great-and so on uncle Benjamin Lewis.  My direct ancestor was there as well, but was not killed.  Also we both had grandfathers who lived in Richmond at the same time.  It would be nice to think they might have known each other, but who knows.  The search continues.... 
The long trek up north.  We drove up to Brig's parents house.  It takes us a little over an hour, but you'd think the girls had been trapped in the backseat for weeks.  Thankfully this trip they both slept most of the way.  Usually we get complaints from Ava around Layton.  "Are we there yet?!"  And poor Bree will just burst into tears and bawl until she's out of her car seat. 

For Valentines Day Brig and I picked up waffles to go from our favorite waffle place, Bruges.  They have a shop downtown.  But we frequent the Sugarhouse location.  It's far too convenient.  Brig picked me up from work that morning.  We ate our waffles while we got caught up on the shows that both of us like.  Then Brig went to work.  And that was our romance filled morning.

Sundays.  They are long and slow around here.  With no close family to visit we are cooped up inside.  I walked into the kitchen to find that the girls had deposited every last one of their dolls and stuffed animals in the corner of the kitchen.  Silly girls.

Ava and I shopping the dollar section in Target.  It's not often we get to go out just the two of us.  Bree was home napping with Daddy.  Kiss me, I'm Irish!  And English.  And Scottish.  And Norwegian.  And Swedish.  And Danish.  And Dutch.  And French.  And German.  And Swiss.  But you know...there's a part of me that Irish.

For President's Day we went bowling.  Bree lasted about five frames and then I chased her around the arcade while she pretended to play all the games.  But Brig and Ava got to bowl.




We went shopping at Costco.  Brielle saw this outfit and latched onto it.  The second we got home she wanted to put it on. 



This is the next day.  When she woke up she wanted to put on the same outfit.  Oh no.  We might have a situation on our hands. 


We went to Cookie Cutters and got both girl's hair cut.  The stylist put Ava's hair in two messy buns and then asked if she wanted sparkles in it?  BOY DO I?!  That's what she said.  Not in that way, but that was the emotion behind it.  In true girl style she said, "I hope they notice my hair is shorter at school on Monday."  Ava looks so much like Brig here!  No sparkles in his hair though. 

1 comment:

Matt Payne said...

i do think ava's looking more like brig all the time.