Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"They have candy just for me!"

Ava kept saying, "I can't believe it. They have candy just for me." We heard it about fifteen times on our trick or treating around town. I wish I would have brought my camera as the people in the neighborhood handing out candy were dressed up as well. My favorite was a French noblewoman with a white wig that reached up a foot or two on her head and her husband Gene Simmons from the rock band Kiss.

Can I tell you how sweet my little girl is? She told me that day, "You're a good mommy and a good person." Oh man. My heart melted. An hour later she shouted at me to get out of her face. Eh, sugar and spice I guess. I'll take it though.
Contemplating the mysterious red berries on this tree. We don't know what kind of tree it is, but we like it.
Sweet Ava. There once was a girl who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. And when she was good, she was very, very good. But when she was bad, she was horrid.
All in all it was an incredibly fruitful night. We went first to Foothill Village trick or treating and that fill her bag half full. Then we came home and had dinner and went out into the neighborhood. They really go all out. Since the houses are so close together it didn't take long to take away quite the haul. Back in the day when I was a witch for the fourth consecutive year as a child it took walking through half of Clarkston to get the kind of loot that Ava got in just a block and a half. The perks of being a city kid I guess.

3 comments:

Dawn and Chase said...

Oh I wish I could go trick or treating again. Ava looks so cute! When are you going to email me sky colored water? Hopefully soon because it is like waiting for the latest Twilight book for me. Miss you. Chase and I are coming down next tuesday and he has the whole day off so can we stop by?

Ericka said...

Ava looks adorable in that costume and her hair goes perfect too! You didn't tell me you have a fireplace...so cozy! Trick or treating sounds fun in the city...maybe we'll have to come to your place next year!

Jill said...

She looks adorable. Lucky girl to get soo much candy. I love the fireplace. Have you guys used it yet? I see that your painting made it up on the mantel. good for you. :)