Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I've Been a Scrooge










I haven't been in the mood for Christmas.  Really, it probably would take some weird hallucination with three ghosts in it to put me in the mood.  Also, I'd like to report/complain I'm still sick.  Three weeks.  Three weeks of coughing, not being able to breathe through my nose, having no energy and I hate to admit this because I'm only 28, but peeing my pants every time I have a cough attack.  Listen, I had bladder issues before I had a child, as my closest friends can tell you.  And now you all know too.  Merry Christmas! 

I needed something, anything to boost my spirits.  So I rented Julie and Julia.  Any movie that centers around food instantly appeals to me.  For example, who can resist the magnetic pull of the movie Chocolat?  It combines chocolate and Johnny Depp.  Absolutely magical.  Back to the movie at hand.  I loved this movie.  I loved Meryl Streep as Julia Child.  I loved Julia Child herself, and her fearless approach to life.  She truly was one of a kind.  And what I loved most was the portrayal of Julia Child's marriage.  So great.  If you're in the mood to watch some yummy food and spend some time in Paris with a legend then pick this movie up.  I have to warn you that I like intimate movies, where the focus is on relationships, so if you're looking for action...this is not your movie. 

And that's all I've got to say about that.

1 comment:

Natelli Johnston said...

I loved this movie too! Meryl Streep was awesome! after watching it, I totally wanted to wear high heels and pearls and cook up something fancy with a french accent :D