Friday, September 10, 2010

All Liquored Up at Mini's

Hello my lovelies.  These little beauties are from a cupcake shop in Sugar House that unfortunately for my hips is just a two-minute drive from my house.  The one on the left is called Breakfast at Tiffany's.  The one on the right is called Pretty in Pink.  I've tasted both and they are delicious.  The frosting is really what makes them.  Butter cream frosting.  With a name so descriptive you can't pretend ignorance at what exactly that frosting is made up of.  Sigh.  Every time we drive past this place Ava will say, "It's been a while since we've had cupcakes, huh Mom?"  And I'll say, "Yeah."  Knowing full well we had some just a week ago.  But I digress. 

The thing about Mini's Cupcakes is if you are a Mormon like me it's probably smart to ask what is in the cupcakes.  I made that mistake just yesterday.  I had a few minutes to kill before picking up Ava so I found my car making a right hand turn into the parking lot.  I entered and was surprised to see an employee there I had never seen.  How do I put this gently?  He was kind of creepy looking.  He had a penchant for wearing berets and that never sets well with me.  Never trust a man in a beret.  It's like someone casually wearing a sombrero.  Dee, dee, dum.  It's totally normal to wear head wear from other countries.  Whatever.  But I tried not to let my eyes drift upward scornfully to his beret while I ordered a Pretty in Pink for Ava and hmmm, let's see, something new...a Lemon Drop for me. 

I just love lemon flavored things.  So refreshing.  If you ever need to say Let's be friends, I love you, I'm sorry, Make out with me then by all means buy me a tasty lemon bar.  So good.  Did I mention I'm having a few cravings?  So obviously I let that yummy looking Lemon Drop cupcake mellow in the seat next to me until I could make it home and devour it ever so slowly, savoring each bite..not!  You know I inhaled that mini cupcake with more ease than the man on the flying trapeze.  Driving while chowing down a frosting laden cupcake...it's a gift.  Man that cupcake was so moist!  So drenched in lemony lemon.  My taste buds did back flips in my mouth the whole way home. 

I thought to myself...that cupcake was too good to keep to myself.  I need to tell the world about this!  So today I decided to dedicate a post to it.  I got online and looked up Mini's Cupcakes and clicked on Menu because I needed to tell you what made me want to shout Hallelujah! to the heavens.  Oh.  Huh.  Would you lookie there?  ...soaked in Citron Vodka....  Well I guess there's a first time for everything!

3 comments:

Chan said...

Oh how I love Mini's...you should try So Cupcake on Highland Drive...so yummy. And if you live in Sugarhouse..which I completely jealous of. You need to try the Blue Plate Diner for breakfast...it's our all time favorite!

kathy said...

Do you think they'd deliver to Millville?

Jill said...

Umm why didn't we go there when we came down???? remember I wanted to. and btw you should have put if you are a Mormon or PREGNANT like me ha ha.