Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby Love

Brielle's first sponge bath.  She didn't complain at all.  Well except when I took the advice of my husband and ripped off her band-aid on her thigh fast.  She screamed then.  I felt horrible. 





I don't have many pictures of me with Ava as a baby because I was so insecure about what I looked like.  I don't want to be one of those people who has no pictures with their loved ones because they never wanted their picture taken.  You live and learn, right?


Ava is a good big sister.  She's had a few moments of crying and saying I don't love her anymore, or that I'm spending too much time with the baby, but overall she seems to bear no malice towards her sister.  If I don't immediately pick up Brielle when she starts to fuss Ava comes running and says, "Mom, take care of that baby!" She doesn't like to hear her cry and the few times she has Ava will say, "Be patient.  Mom's coming."  Ava wishes Brielle would grow up faster so they could have fun.  Five years was the age gap between me and my little sister and it didn't stop us from having a close relationship, but I think it will depend on their individual personalities and if Ava wants to take an interest in her little sister. 
Brielle is so alert when she's awake and she seems to really study things.  I love looking into her eyes and talking to her.  She's a wonderful baby.  She hardly cries except when her grunts of annoyance have failed to get her picked up by someone.  There have been a couple of times in the car where she has woken up and is hungry and will cry for a few minutes and then suddenly she is quiet.  I asked Ava both times if she had fallen asleep and she hadn't.  She was just awake and not crying.  I think she must take after her Daddy who never complains, even when it is warranted. 


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Denise you look so good!! I hope you are planning on girls dinner this week.

Melissa said...

Brielle is really cute too! I miss you and can't wait to see her! Ava is a sweetie!

Jill said...

you look great! I'm glad you taking and posting pictures! So fun. she is alert. those are wide eyes. they look brown?

Chan said...

She is adorable..congrats. Denise you look amazing...if you ever need a babysitter give me a call. I'm close and well I'm FREE for cute babies.

801-671-3060

Heidi said...

She is beautiful. I can't believe the dark hair. congrats!