Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sisters

 Ava likes to hold Brielle's hand when I change her diaper.  It's funny.  The second she knows I'm changing a diaper she comes running.  Guess who got Brielle's first non-gassy smile?  That's right.  Ava.  Brielle will sometimes smile at the sound of Ava's voice when she comes into the same room.  It melts my heart. 
My sister, Darcie sent a package down that contained this cute outfit for Brielle and hair clips she had made for both girls.  I realized Ava had a similar outfit and decided to have a photo shoot.  As it turned out Brielle the diva was not happy with the timing as it coincided with her second lunch.  What an ego that girl has, acts as if everything should revolve around her schedule.  Babies.
Brielle is still upset in this photo but you can't tell so much.  Ava looks like she's enjoying holding a screaming baby doesn't she?  Almost maniacal looking if you ask me.  She does giggle when Brielle cries in the car when she is ready to eat and we are not quite home yet.  Ava says she sounds like a gorilla.  I have no idea what a gorilla sounds like, but apparently Ava does and it's funny.  At first it upset me that I was raising a sociopath.  Who laughs at someone crying?  Oh well, she's going through some tough times lately having all her attention from us split in half.  I once heard that a for an older sibling having a new baby in the house is like if your spouse told you he had a new girlfriend and wanted to move her in with you. 

I've gotta say this: I admire women that have more than two children.  How they do it and keep themselves semi-sane is a mystery to me.  So kudos to all who fit that description.  Ava the other day in the car though did say this to me, "Mom I don't want any more brothers or sisters.  I don't want to be like the Brady Bunch!"  I tend to agree in the middle of the night when I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  But then I see Brielle's face light up with a big toothless grin when she looks at me or feel her soft chubby cheek against my chest as I hold her and like some fool in love I never want it to end. 

Last night after I had fed Brielle I got up to get a drink.  I came back and just looked at Brielle as she lay in the dim light of the moon shining through the window.  The plump curves of her face relaxed in sleep and she looked thoroughly satisfied as her soft breath came in and out.  Her position in sleep mirrored her Dad's sleeping a foot away from her in our bed.  I couldn't help but feel as satisfied as Brielle looked.  I know it's sappy, but sappy is my default mode so deal with it. 

4 comments:

The Huffakers said...

Denise
Ava and Brielle are absolutely gorgeous! I cant believe you have two little girls now. My older sisters were 5 years apart and they were best friends, I bet these two will be bosom buddies too, even if there personalities are very different. I am so glad to hear that you are happy and in a good place. That is the most important thing. Hope everything just continues in this healthy and happy vein.

Natelli Johnston said...

I love your blog Denise! you are so talented with writing. What cute little girls you have. new babies are so much work, but they are so dang sweet it makes me feel like I want 3 more. I don't really want 3 more, but I love new babies.

Janette said...

How sweet! They're super cute! You know what makes me laugh a little, is I sometimes laugh in situations I probably shouldn't, call me crazy. Sometimes it can't be helped :)

Ericka said...

I love it! Brielle is so sweet and I am so glad I finally got to meet her (and see you) last weekend! I love those pics of Ava as well, what a knockout!