Thursday, April 7, 2011

It Occured To Me

For all the new amenities they have put in family cars these days they neglected to put in one thing that I think would benefit all.  As I was trying to make my way from South Temple to 1100 East with Ava singing Scooby Dooby Doo over and over again while Brielle screamed her head off because she was a half hour past her normal feeding time it seemed I was doomed to hit every single red light.  I was strung tighter than a wire and it occurred to me that what I really needed was a way to stop the noise.  I've never ridden in a limo but I have saw a movie or two in my time featuring scenes involving limos.  What I needed was one of those privacy windows the drivers can put up that is sound proof.  With just a press of a button I could have the silence I needed to focus on getting us from point A to point B without exposing my children to my sailor's tongue.  It sounded like a better and better idea as I thought it through.  Sure, some would say that it would be neglectful and callous to shut your shrieking offspring off like that, but really there was nothing I could do for those two.  Ava wouldn't listen to my repeated requests to stop the racket and Brielle couldn't be fed unless I wanted to pull a Britney Spears and somehow have the dexterity to breastfeed and drive at the same time.  I imagined myself alone in the front half of the car surrounded by...silence.  Meanwhile my little angels could focus on reaching jet-engine level decibels.  Great idea, right? 

3 comments:

Jill said...

totally. i'm with you.

Melissa said...

I have said this to josh before, as addison is doing her shrill screaming at the top of her lungs melt down for no reason other than is is exhausted and refused to nap, many a time! It is GENIUS!

Janette said...

Great idea, yes! :)