Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bree


Brielle has been pulling up to furniture and trying to stand on her own.  She crawls after me everywhere and when I'm in the kitchen I have a beautiful baby girl trying to cling to my leg if I stay in one place for too long.  She's so mobile!  It's so different from Ava.  Ava was always so mellow.  She didn't crawl until she was almost a year and then that only lasted two or three weeks until she started walking.   Ava was content to sit and play with toys.  Brielle is not.  She wants to go.  She wants to be in the middle of everything all the time.  It's so interesting to see their distinct personalities.  

She is a few weeks shy of ten months.  She says Ni-ni for Night-night.  She waves hello and goodbye.  When I put on my shoes she knows I'm going to walk out the door and starts begging for me to pick her up and take her with me.  She says Mama and Dada.  She says num-num when she wants another bite of food.  She loves to snuggle up under my chin.  She loves to pull hair.  She wants to eat and drink whatever we're eating and drinking and gets hurt feelings if she is not partaking at the same time we are.  She hates peas.  She prefers real solid food to the pureed stuff out of jars.  She loves the song on The Cat in the Hat on PBS.  She loves to watch Ava run around like a crazy person.  She likes to watch us dance in the kitchen.  She does not like the big bathtub and cries the whole five minutes it takes to bathe her.  She will take juice or water out of a bottle, but not formula or breast milk...which is bad news for me.  So.  Done.  With.  Breastfeeding.  Obviously she's pulling the strings around here though so I won't be done until she says I'm done.  Hopefully when she can have whole milk she will be more willing to wean.  

Basically I love the girl.  I can't imagine our family without her.  She makes me want to have another baby right away, and then another and another.  Shocking, I know.  What can you do?  The heart wants what the heart wants...until the body wants a full night's sleep.  Then the body tells the heart to take a hike. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! High five to you for breastfeeding sooo long. I could never do it that long. It was always a pain in the butt. Not easy or natural for me. You sure have cute girls!

Jill said...

Breebree is the best baby ever. you know maybe decemeber is a good time to have babies it seems to produce good babies. (layla was calm and good at one time:)) she'll be walking in no time!