Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy October!

The computer is not safe with this girl around.  She will find it and close it if she can, if you resist her advances she will get in a few good keystrokes and usually sends you off the page you were looking at anyway. 

You might as well close it yourself and put it away and pay attention to this toothy grin and the little person that goes with it.  In other obvious news, it's October and we all know what that means...

Fright Night!  I don't think Dracula was ever this charming.  Many important things began for me in October.  My mother was born.  My husband was born.  My marriage was born.  Yep.  9 years, with a brief "vacation" from each other for five months in year seven.  All I can say about that is...phew, so glad that is over.  
My husband is 31.  When I was sixteen I could have never imagined myself married to a 31 year-old.  And guess what?  I still can't.  Aren't we still sixteen? 


Ava and I went and picked up a Cold Stone ice cream cake in the afternoon.  It was okay.  Nothing mind-blowing and probably not worth what we paid for it. 
We dropped the girls off at a neighbor's house and then went out to dinner with some friends.  Ichiban Sushi.  Good stuff...if you like sushi.  Which we do...sorta.  I have to try hard not to think about the raw fish aspect.  Being my mother's cook-it-til-it's-charred child it goes against every moral conviction woven into my being from birth to consume anything that is not cooked properly.  But you know, it was Brig's birthday and he loves sushi and has no such moral conflicts when it comes to raw fish.  The sushi rolls flowed like wine as well as the F-words from the table next to us, but still we dined.  WARNING:  TRAIN WRECK AHEAD.

Caption this picture:

"You went to Cold Stone and all you got for me was this lousy toothbrush?"

"The hills are aliiiiiiive with the taste of ice cream and devil's food cake!" 

That's all I got.  Sorry. 

Where have you been all my life? 

To Brigham:
I'll briefly say this about our anniversary, I'm glad we made it here.  On the day I committed to love you forever we did not know who or what exactly we were saying yes to, but we leapt anyway hoping it would all work out.  We made our mistakes, to put it mildly.  When I came back to you I knew what and who I was saying yes to...and somehow that makes it more meaningful to me than the day a young, naive girl said yes to a complete fantasy of what she thought her life would be.  Thanks for never giving up on me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

i'm so happy for you 2.
we are still 16 but just been married since we were 6. :)
i love the pic of ava smiling at her dad. you can tell she really loves him a lot. so cute!

Susan said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband. You have an incredible talent with words. When you write a book, I want to be the first in line to buy it and get your autograph. Love ya.