Saturday, November 5, 2011

Trick or Treat

I was so happy that the weather was warm this year.  Last year we slogged through rain the entire time we were walking around the neighborhood.


This is Ava's "tough girl" pose.  Super girl was her chosen alter ego this year.  I don't remember super girl dressing in all pink, but oh well.  Ava couldn't care less.


Even as Super Girl she can't help posing daintily. 

Never trust your husband when he tells you the shot looks good.  Look at my wonky eyes.  But the kids look cute, and that's all that matters.  Brielle was a cranky skunk for Halloween.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the back as she crawled.  It was so cute.

We proceeded with the ghoulish mayhem door-to-door trick-or-treating.  There was a ton of people out and it made things difficult as Ava didn't want to knock on any doors while other kids were there getting their loot also.  Such a diva.


The little stinker finally fell asleep.  I'm not sure she was really taking this holiday seriously.


I enjoyed seeing all the decorations.  Some people go all out.  There was one house that had so many gruesome decorations, including a fake decapitated head hanging in a bag next to the front door that Ava approached it and then after staring at the fake head for all of five seconds came running back to the sidewalk without knocking or anything.

There is a house a couple of blocks east of our apartment that really get into it.  Ava was really scared but toughed it out to the front door to get some candy.  I thought the creepy zombie baby was a nice touch.

Me and Brielle last night while she was wide awake with her teeth torturing her.  I just love staying up until 2:30 with a fussy baby.  It's the best! 

Back home with the spread.  It's pretty disgusting.  People kept telling her to take a handful.  I started telling her to just take one, but she didn't listen to me, and who can blame her.  If a kid is being offered three or four pieces of candy instead of just one it goes without saying that they're going to take advantage of that generosity.  I'm the one that will pay for it in the end though.  With the sugar highs and my expanding thighs.  In other news I think I will add a feature called Weight Loss Wednesdays, tracking my "progress" as I strive to lose weight.  If anyone wants to join me, feel free.

2 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE Ava's costumes! are ava's tights the sparkle ones from childrens place? i love them they really add to her costume. im glad the skunk worked out, it beats buying one. she looks adorable. ps that baby monster is so scary!!!

Melissa said...

Zombie babies are so adorable. Give me six weeks and I will join in on weight loss Wednesday! I can't wait!!