Thursday, July 26, 2012

Leave it to the Professionals


I just cut Brielle some bangs that resemble George Mcfly's sideswept hair.  It's bad.  I was going to take a picture but the battery is dead in my camera.  It's charging as we speak.  I will post pics later.  It was a decision I'd been mulling over ever since I discovered we had hair cutting scissors in Brig's trimmer set.  Her hair is always in her eyes.  When I put it in a ponytail or try to pin it back she pulls it out.  So I got her out of the bath this morning and I thought, how hard can it be?  I set Bree in her highchair, gave her some munchies, and did a hack job on my poor sweet baby.  I wanted the sideswept bangs but I cut them a little too short.  When I showed her hair to Ava she said, "Mom, you should just leave it to the professionals."  Truer words have never been spoken.  

Never take up a pair of scissors in anger.  I learned my lesson when I was living in my in-laws basement, frustrated with life and deeply depressed I decided the logical answer was to cut off all my hair.  I mean short, short.  I peered into the mirror and started cutting my locks with dull scissors.  After five or so snips I came to my senses.  WHAAAAA! What am I doing?  Having curly hair makes it much easier to hide one's crazy misadventures with a pair of scissors.  But when I went in for a hair cut the hair dresser said..."This is really weird.  There's a bunch of different length sections back here!"  I said, "Really?" Meanwhile I was sweating bullets.  I didn't want to fess up to trying to cut my own hair and failing miserably so I kept my mouth shut while she kept holding the different lengths of hair up and ooohing and awwwing over the absolute ineptitude of my previous hairdresser.  Finally she said, "...Uh, did you cut your hair?"  I wanted to lie.  I wanted to say no, but I've never been good at it.  So instead I swallowed the giant lump in my throat and said, "Yep."  She laughed and said, "I was going to say...."  I never went back to that woman again.  #Soembarrassed  

Anyway, I had to tell someone.  My poor baby.  HELP!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

My sil did the same thing last week. We laughed and laughed at the kids sweet bangs. I vow to never try. Like you didn't fess up to your hairdresser right from the start! Haha. I love your stories. Though I don't like you cut your hair off in a in a funk.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your nice article about Mattress review. I am looking forward to see and read another article like this. And if you have you may also visit this site that I manage to surf in http://www.sleepysblog.com/