Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Sister-in-law is Talented with a capital T

 

I hope she doesn't kill me for snagging this sexy picture off of her blog.  She really is one hot mama.  Married to my brother, Darren she is outgoing, funny and very talented when it comes to interior design...among other things.  We used to live one block away from each other on the island and I really miss that time when we were both pregnant with our first..well in my case only, child.  Anyway I won't reminisce.  
 
She now lives far to the north in Burley, Idaho and apparently finding amazing finds at the local thrift stores.  She bought this gun cabinet for $15. 

 

And transformed it into this cute cabinet for her kitchen.  I would love to have a place to hang my bag up when I get home.  I am always searching the door knobs to find it. 

 

And this is just scratching the surface.  Check out her design blog here .  I also have it listed under my places to love sites on the sidebar.  

5 comments:

kathy said...

Dang! I have a very similar looking piece of furniture by my front door, but the difference is, I paid something like 300 bucks for it! Why can't I ever find bargains? Some people have all the luck. And talent.

Ericka said...

Thanks for the exposure Denise and I believe you are the talented (with a capital T)in the family :) Hope to see you soon!

Ericka said...

See, I can't even write what I am trying to say...I meant to say that you are the talented ONE :)LOL! We both know that photo of me is blurry and the only reason I look somewhat attractive.

Jill said...

Ericka is great. I agree. I love her designs. I wish she would do my basement.

Melissa said...

i will be referring to this when i build my house. I really really really wish i had the money to just hire someone because i have ZERO style, taste, creativity...