Friday, February 19, 2010

Ridiculous Selections from my 6th Grade Diary

Saterday Jan. 1, 1994

I lounged around today.  Last night was fun.  I had Rory my cousin age 13, Jenny 12, and Becca 12, come over last night.  We played games, ate, ate, ate, and watched a movie.  When the new year came I took pots and went outside and banged them.  My sister went on a blind date today.  He was a Mexican.

Monday Jan. 3, 1994

It was an ok day for my social life but when I got home I had so much homework I'm still doing it.  I had a dream that a guy like a promoter told me I should be a model.  I told my mom that I didn't want to be a model but I do.  Mom says that a Mormon can't live that lifestyle.

Tuesday Jan. 11, 1994

Today was jammed packed!  First of all Candi's not hanging out with me and Summer at lunch.  Becca about kissed Kipp.  He wanted to kiss her then he was too shy.  Then Leslie told Becca and Becca told me that Dylan told Leslie he was going to dump Candi!  I'm feeling bad for her but now Dylan is fair game!

Wednesday Jan. 12, 1994

Today was good for school.  But Kipp (Becca's boyfriend) was run over by a horse and was in the hospital.  I found out that Leslie is totally in love with Dylan.  And so is Brooke and their twice as cute as me.  But I'm not jealous.  But Dylan still hasn't dumped Candi.  I doubt he will.

Monday Jan. 7, 1994

Yesterday (name withheld) told me she got her period! (I already got mine and it's not fun!) I debated wether to wright this in here, cous I figured it's her business and this is my diary so why don't I let her wright in her diary and me in mine, but the common sense didn't come through.

Wednesday Jan. 9, 1994

Today was soooo boring.  Becca came down.  I talked to Summer on the phone.  Dylan wants to go with Leslie.  So we don't know if he's going with her AND CANDY.  He said he was going to dump CANDY!  Dylan is so hot.  He had dark strait hair and big brown eyes!  He's so cute.  I wish he was mine.

(I can't decipher some of the dates on these pages.  Who knows?)

Thursday Jan. 24, 1994

I can't believe I haven't written for a week!  Well I said the opening prayer in church.  I decided it wasn't so bad.  There's this boy, his name is Bracon he's so cute and best of all his personality is super!  He's so nice.  Problem.  He is 14.  He probably just considers me his friends little sister.  Rory is nuts for him, chhhh.

Tuesday May 10, 1994

Today went really good!  Summer says Erik likes me.  Cool huh!  Tonight we went to mutual and learned country line dancing from Mrs. Hogan from high school.  It was sooo fun, we learned slappin leather, toosh push, wild wild west, and roll the dice.  It was really really fun!

It's funny and embarrassing the things I wrote about.  I found this diary while cleaning out a few things yesterday.  I think it's a study in why 12 year-old's shouldn't keep journals.  I'm thinking this diary is not going to make it into the hands of posterity!

9 comments:

kathy said...

Oh, thank you so much for the chuckle! I found my jr. high/high school diary a few years after I got married. I built a fire in the fireplace, tore the pages out one at a time and read them one last time before giving them the cremation they deserved. No way was THAT thing going to be read by my posterity!

Dawn and Chase said...

Funny. I was cleaning out the room downstairs with Mom yesterday and stumbled upon my diary from around that time too. Mine was mostly about Brian Pantyhose. Suprise suprise.

Maegan said...

That is hilarious!! I think I kept a journal around that time too, but I don't think I want to read it! I was so dumb back then!

Becca said...

I'm laughing so hard! Mostly becausse Kipp was payed PAYED to go out with me! And the story of him being ran over by the horse...all a hoax conspired by Ryan Roe that evil little demon!

Jill said...

ohhhhh my heck I'm totally laughing my butt off!
Who didn't want to go with Dylan in 6th grade??? I think every single girl thought he was hot!
Bracon! His personality is super!! ha ha ha!!!
You must keep this to contiune to laugh through the years. Next friends dinner you should bring it. I wonder where my middle school journals are?????? I'll have to find them.

Melissa said...

I just found mine last month. I agree with jill. next girls dinner we break them out and read! haha. I read these aloud to josh and we both laughed our butts off! especially abou the girl who got her period and its her business and she should write it in her diary... that is classic!!! Denise i love you!

Ericka said...

Love this...at least you were 12 when you wrote these things...sometimes I read back on journals I wrote in early college and am embarrassed :)! Thanks for the laugh!

Candi Merritt said...

Thanks for bringing up a very painful time in my life and sharing with with the whole blogging world! I thought when Dylan and I got married by the pop machine it would last forever:)

Katie and Co. said...

You are so brave to share!!! I am so incredibly embarassed whenever I come across my teenage-years journal that I bury it deeper in the boxes. I'd love to burn it, but that seems sacriligious somehow. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who kept a journal like that. You can add my name to the long list of girls who were in love with Dylan. I believe my super crush started in 3rd grade.