Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Time is Far Spent

I am home from church early because my daughter was trying to pull off her fancy purple dress in sacrament meeting.  She was whining and in tears about a seam in the side that was itching her.  So we had two choices:  Try to prove a point that we stay in church no matter how uncomfortable we may be (haven't I faced down this same demon in the form of control top nylons?) or I put us all out of our misery and go home and set my daughter free of her itchy dress.  So I did the latter.  Of course the third alternative was to let her become a Mormon Nudist.  Something I'm pretty sure is paradoxical. 

Anyway, I just had to share that, plus something I thought was kind of funny.  Our relief society lesson went too long and we only had time to sing the first verse to the closing hymn.  The hymn: The Time is Far Spent.  Hehehe.  That's all.

3 comments:

kathy said...

I wish you were my mom. My bra was digging into my armpit and killing me, and I had to sit through the whole three hour block. I needed someone to take me home and set me free. Lucky Ava.

Chan said...

Oh dear she has hit the 4 year old itch phase. No one warned me about this, I never read about it any parenting books. But be warned everything will itch or become uncomfortable. Eva will spend the next year wearing nothing but leggings. Hundreds of dollars in clothes will go to waste. This phase is truly harder than potty training ever was.

Denise said...

So it's a common phase? Ava won't wear levis because she says they aren't comfortable. All she really wants to wear is skirts, but not skirts that are too tight on her waist. Oh and yes, leggings are her favorite. That's so funny!