Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Backyard Fun

Our backyard is unique.  Upon first seeing it I was a bit disappointed because there is no grass to run and play on.  Having grown up with no neighbors to the right or left of us I had not only the acre my parent's house sits on, but the alfalfa fields to run around in.  Knowing what I know now I'm sure the farmers loved that I'd smash down little trails through their fields.  Part of the compromise that city dwellers make is less yard.  It's something I'm trying to come to terms with.  Of course since we're renting I have no say in the landscaping which is quite beautiful actually.  Just not a country girl's dream yard I guess.  Ava on the other hand...
I don't know why we didn't think of it before.  We had already been to Liberty Park in the afternoon but Ava still had a need to be outside.  I get it.  As a child it was much better to play outside than in.  Still is, really.  Anyway it was sprinkling out but I sent Ava out anyway.  Then I remembered her boats she takes in the tub with her.  So I brought them out while Brielle was napping.  We tried the boats, but they kept capsizing.
So we tried her prized pink ball next.  It worked much better.  Ava's face is great in this picture.  The suspense is killing her.  Will it make it down all the way?

 Not quite.  We had to get out her microphone stand to help it along.




We tried the boats again after a while.  They definitely are not sea worthy.  That's okay though.  Ava had a blast.


Who needs grass anyway?  In the city that's what a park is for.

2 comments:

Becca said...

She is so cute! Loving all the updates....I need to do the same and clean house on my pics!

Love ya

Janette said...

These pictures are priceless and it looks so fun! What a cute girl you have!