Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Visit to the Queen

The girls and I decided to head downtown to The Grand America Hotel to look at their Window displays and their toy shop.  I told the girls we were going to a palace and that they had to dress up in their fanciest clothing.  And that's all it took for Ava's imagination to take over.  After she was dressed in her finery I became her carriage driver as I whisked her and the littlest princess to their grandmother, the Queen's palace. 



 There was so much to look at.  And look is all you can really do when a lot of the toys are over $50.  Ava insisted on bringing her cat/purse...Vanilla and her dirty raggedy baby kitty, Snowball.  The royal pets had to come see their dear old Gran as well. 



Both girls loved the light up walkway below the candy tubes.  It played music as well.

 Dancin'!
 A window display.  They had a bunch all over the place. 

 Walking the grounds.  Ava reminisced about how she used to frolic on the grass as a child. 

Ava danced up and down the halls and at one point told me that a certain spot was were she had first met Prince Mattheo.  Afterwards we went to the pastry shop and got gingerbread cookies and a hot cocoa.  It was the best hot chocolate I've ever had.  Worth the five bucks it cost.  It was really fun to escape with Ava into a different world.  Pretending is something I've never really grown out of.  As we were leaving Ava said, "Well it seems like my grandmother, the queen is doing quite well."  Indeed. 

2 comments:

Matt Payne said...

so fun. i bet your girls will always remember that day. you are such a fun mom. i really wanted to go there this year but didn't. guess next year maybe. maybe we could go together.

Melissa said...

This reminds me so much of you. I still have pretend wedding invites for you and mr. Davincis wedding to be held in a chateau! I love you gals.