Friday, December 28, 2012

Smith Family Christmas

We went to Tremonton for Christmas day to celebrate with Brig's family.  This picture explains it all.  There's a whole lotta grandkids.  Most of the time we make them go outside or downstairs but we were opening presents so we made an exception.  ;) 
Brielle has been less shy with family lately.  And unlike Ava she's not clinging to my leg all the time.  No, Bree likes to be with the other kids and only seeks me out for food and drink.  And what food and drink we had.  Papa made his scones and there was just a lot of snacks and desserts kicking around.  When I left my mother-in-law was forcing plates of sugar cookies on me.  At one point I tried to ditch a couple on the counter but she noticed and said, "It's either going to be you or me and it's not going to be me."  Tough woman, my mother-in-law.  I'd hate to meet her at the end of a dark alley.  Odds are she'd beat me in a knife fight. 


 Passing out gifts.  Who's going to be first?
 Ava brought Vanessa along and didn't let her out of her arms for a moment.  Well, almost. 

Why, hello lover.  He's looking at me like this because I snuck off at one point during the festivities and tried to catch a few winks in the rarely used front room.  He found me only moments later.  I find it ironic the guy who ditches me at every family gathering suddenly tracks me down like a blood hound.  Come on!  We were up until 2:30, man.  He's not amused. 

Brielle was lounging on people the whole day.  Just walked up to any old aunt or uncle or papa and leaned against them. 


 Brielle and Nash.  He's such a cute kid.  Sometimes I pretend he is mine. 
 Brielle hauling a present the size of her little self. 





 "Bree, show me what you got from Nana and Papa!"
 "No!"
 Then she wouldn't smile at me and hid her mouth behind her hands.  I think she was all posed out. 


 Ava got a necklace.  Her favorite. 

Brielle pouting because we wouldn't open the Little People play set.  I'm sorry but you saw the tribe of kids.  There was no way we could have kept the little people in tact.  Like throwing meat to the wolves I tell you. 

It was such a nice day.  We just visited and ate, and ate some more.  The kids played and I tried to keep my eyes open.  Love those Smiths. 

2 comments:

kathy said...

My comment has nothing to do with your post here, but I wanted to respond to the comment you left me and figured this would be the place you'd be most likely to look. The Hobbit. I think it would be difficult for an adult to read it and love it, unless they had read it as a young person. I don't know why, but I have talked to a lot of people who have tried as adults and just couldn't do it. But, those who first it read it as a kid seem to love it forever. My husband falls into the same category as you. When Lord of the Rings came out, he tried to read the books, but never even got through the first one, and has never gotten past the first chapter of The Hobbit. That being said, he did enjoy all of the movies, but not as much as I did, since I knew the story and characters already. He did say that he felt like The Hobbit started in the middle. I didn't get that feeling at all, but then I knew how it was supposed to start. So anyway, it's fine that you haven't been able to get into the book. I think you'll still like the movie. And you will LOVE Les Mis. Love, Love, LOVE it. Take lots of Kleenex. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Oh, and Brielle's bangs are looking great these days! Such cute girls!

Matt Payne said...

sounds like my parents house. kids galore. cute kids but lots. :) i like ava's boots. christmas naps for parents should be a must.