Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sledding

We went sledding at Sugar House Park this week.  Ava has been pestering us every time it snows.  I never wanted to take the kids without Brig.  I'm a wimp sometimes.  Guess who else was a wimp?  This girl! She didn't care for the snow and just wanted to sit on my lap on a hay bale at the bottom of the hill.  I took her once down the hill and she acted as the powder buffer as the snow flew into her face I hooted and hollered the whole way down.  Poor dear.  It was fun though...for me. 

 Guess who else was a wimp?  The girl in the leopard hat.  She bawled as she stared down the slope.  "I can't do this!  It's too scary!"  I really aim to instill confidence in my girls.  This wasn't a good sign.  Me: "Ava, but what are we going to do when you learn how to ski?  Sledding is nothing.  This is supposed to be fun!"  Ava: "I'm not EVER going to learn to ski.  Never!"  Me: "Ava, you live in Utah and you will learn how to ski.  Now get down that hill!"  and with that I placed my boot on her back and sent her on her merry way.  Well no, not really.  I'm a softy.  But I wanted to.  Brig took her down a couple of times, even wiping out with her once on purpose so she knew she wouldn't get hurt.  Then she finally tried it for herself. 

 And she liked it!
 She liked it a lot!
We couldn't get her off the hill.
 He may be thirty-two but he liked it just as much as our seven year-old. 


 My baby.
 "Wait up you guys!"

Brielle went down a second time, this time with Daddy.  He made sure that no snow flew in her face, but they hit a few bumps and caught a little air and she was none too pleased about that either.  So particular, that one. 

 Bree wasn't even sure about walking in this stuff. 

We had such a good time.  I used to pee my pants every time I went sledding.  I know.  Shocking.  But I didn't this time.  Probably because Bree and I were more spectators than participants.  But I did hear a little boy say to his brother after going off a jump and coming to a powdery end at the bottom of the hill, "I just peed my pants."  It made me smile. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

haha!! i totally was cheering out loud for you that you pushed her down the hill. you are so funny. glad ava loved it. sledding is the best. one day we should take our kids to the bowl.