Friday, December 2, 2011

Ava's Bowling Birthday

For about the last six months Ava has been asking to go to Disneyland for her birthday.  At least she knows how to dream big, right?  Well, Mama and Daddy aren't rich so we ask what her second choice was.  Boondocks.  Too far to drive with a bunch of little girls so we settled for Fat Cats...a bowling alley and arcade.  We ate pizza and breadsticks and had birthday cake.  I think we had fun, although I had my hands full with Brielle. 

Ava got a Lalaloopsy Doll, a ballerina jewelry box, a crayola coloring book and markers, and some princess makeup.  Ava loved it all, of course. 

I'm very grateful for Ava.  She is always writing me love notes and drawing me pictures of myself with captions like...this is my mom I love her.  We have similar senses of humor and we enjoy laughing together.  When she tells me that she wants to be just like me when she grows up I cringe inside because I am so flawed, but I'm in awe that someone thinks I'm so wonderful and loves me so unconditionally.  That's a six year-old for you, I'm sure at sixteen she will think differently.  She's a deep thinker and just the other day asked me if when we die are we reborn in a new body.  We had a good discussion about religious philosophy then.  She was very insistent when she said, "But mom how do we know for sure?!" (about what happens after we die) and I said, "Well, to be honest nobody knows for sure what happens after we die.  Unless you're dead.  Then you'll know for sure."  For whatever reason that struck her as funny and she giggled.  She's so unique and uncommonly kind when it comes to interaction with others.  I feel very blessed to be her mother.  I love you, Ava.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ava is such a sweetie. I love her shirt! Addison has been asking me about death a lot lately... Strange. Sometimes I think "But how do we know for sure?!" too. You gals rock.

Jill said...

happy b-day to ava! when you are born on such a special day you are special!!! extra special! She looks like she is having so much fun. I LOVE her cake how fun!!
you'll have to let me know how the lalaloopsy doll is. it looks so cute!