Friday, December 2, 2011

You Know You're a Mormon when...

...you're driving on a street you never have before after picking up warm doughnuts from Banbury Doughnuts on 7th East in SLC (delicious and diet savaging) for your daughter's sixth birthday breakfast of choice and you see this...

...then you slam on your brakes, flip a U-turn and park in front of the house gazing with mouth agape.  Then remembering you have your camera in your diaper bag you dig it out and hop out of the car and stand in front of someone's house taking a picture of church history. 


So you know I took this picture first.  This is important information because as I snapped away the woman of the household threw open the living room drapes to see some crazy Mormon behaving like an ill-mannered tourist.  In the above picture, the above, above picture I should say you can see the drapes are open.  At this point my face flushed red, my palms got sweaty and I quickly closed the shutter on my camera, gave a perfunctory embarrassed wave and hopped back in my car and sped off like a bandit.  A Mormon bandit.