Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Morning

DISCLAIMER: I haven't posted all these pictures of the girls' presents because I think my blog readers really want to see every gift they got.  I've only posted them so my parents can see our Christmas morning.  With that out of the way...
Ava woke up at 6:30.  I had just gotten up and was hoping to sneak back to bed, but it wasn't to be.  She told me she had hardly slept she was so excited.  I consulted Brig as to what we should do...wait for Brielle to wake up or let Ava open right away.  We decided to make her wait.  I know.  We're cruel.  In the meantime I made french toast and bacon and Ava jabbered excitedly about what she thought all her presents were.  She did pretty good being patient, poor girl.  Brielle woke up at 7:30. 
 And she's off....

Brielle woke up happy, but then again she usually does.  She seemed to get the opening presents thing more than Ava did on her first Christmas.  Maybe that's because she has a big sister to show her how to do it.
 Bree and her wild hair. 


 
Ava helping Brielle open her presents.  Sometimes Brielle got annoyed and would yell out in protest when Ava wasn't letting her in on the action





 Brielle with Ava's boots.
 Gosh dang-it Mom, don't take my pillow pet away!
 Oh you were just trying to get it out of the plastic bag for me to cuddle.  Silly me.  All is forgiven.
 Ava said, "I think this one's a hula hoop, Mom."
 Bingo!

For every blond Barbie you get you must counter it with a brunette one.  It's a rule in our house.  Glad Santa was paying attention.
Ava loves dressing up.  She often wears her princess dresses out and about.  I've thought of quashing her grandiose sense of style, but I figure you only get to be a little girl once.  Some days I still wish I could put on a tutu or a ball gown before I leave the house.  You know, just to make me feel special.  My sweats don't give me that feeling.  They usually give me the feeling that it sucks to not be able to fit back into your pre-pregnancy jeans.  Then I buy a Coke to wash down all the sadness.  Tangent.  Sorry.  Basically I wish I could buy a dress like this one.  I doubt she'll be wearing it to anywhere but church. 
 Ruby slippers to match.
 Third year on the Christmas list was the charm.  The Pillow Pet has landed.
I don't know why I didn't get a picture of her next to the easel after she opened it.  And yeah, she guessed what this one was too.  She writes things on it like, I love my mom, and then calls me into her room to show me her "surprise".  Gosh, she's sweet to me.  It was a very merry Christmas. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

wow big presents how exciting!
i love the girls pretty red dresses. you'll have to post a pic of them together in them. glad to see santa found a mermaid barbie.