Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday

Thought I'd forgot about it, didn't you?  In good news on this front I've lost 2 lbs!  In bad news I gained 4 lbs over the holidays, so really in all I've gained 2 lbs.  If I could make money as easy as I can gain weight I'd be very, very wealthy. 

Gosh that Jennifer Hudson is looking good, isn't she?  Tis that time of year when the t.v. is bombarded with diet-related industry commercials because they know we're all feeling especially bad about that third serving of pumpkin pie.  

My side of the family is having a three month biggest loser competition starting this Monday.  This should give me some incentive.  Also Brig and I's ten year anniversary is coming up this year in October and I'd like to be near what I weighed when I got married.  My hopes are we will be able to get away together without the kids.  It's been quite a few years since we've been able to even stay overnight somewhere for our anniversary. 

I've been dancing about an hour a day.  We got the Kinect for our Xbox for Christmas and one of the games we got was Just Dance 3.  It's a lot of fun, and I'm all about fun when it comes to exercise.  I also have a couple of friends from my ward who are threatening to drag me to the gym with them every morning.  They are both in fabulous shape, which intimidates me.  I may just give it a chance though. 

As far as eating goes, this is my biggest challenge as I've talked about before, I want to cook more healthy meals for my family.  We have frozen huckleberries in the freezer and the infamous frozen rhubarb that I once used to ice my wounded boob from my eight month old's sharp teeth and I've been blending up smoothies for lunch.  This is good for me as I'm most tempted to eat poorly at lunchtime when my energy wanes and Brielle goes down for a nap. 

By next Wednesday my goal is to lose 1 - 2 more lbs.  According to the Mayan calendar 2012 will be the last year we all exist before the destruction of the world next December...so obviously I want to be in shape for that ;) 

Hope all that are reading this who are wanting to lose weight can find it in themselves to make themselves a priority this year.  I have a tendency of taking care of everyone else but me, and I don't want my girls growing up thinking that they should follow in my footsteps.  I know that I am happier when I'm exercising and feeding my body with the nutrients it needs. 

No comments: