Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday

Sunday kicked off our Biggest Loser competition on my side of the family, so I put it into high gear because nothing's greater motivation than sibling rivalry, right?  For once in my life having more weight to lose puts me at an advantage over my petite, marathon running, five kids birthing, BLOND sister.  I mean, did God really have to give her blond hair?  That was like salt in the wound.  Not cool, dude.  I'm hoping a bolt of lightning doesn't crash through the roof, maybe calling God dude is not exactly appropriate.  But come on, to top it off you give me this wildly curly hair that according to the Millionaire Matchmaker is a sure ticket to get rejected by a millionaire.  The only thing worse...according to her...is red hair.  But I digress. 

I've been waking up and dancing for an hour, walking in the afternoons and generally cutting back on my portions.  I've tried letting go of Coca Cola.  It's been a rough battle.  The longest I've been without it was three days, then I caved.  It's something I will continue to work on. 

Have you noticed that there are a million food commercials on t.v.?  It's awful when I'm trying to keep my thoughts pure and free of greasy fast food. 

This week I lost 3 pounds!  Yay!  I've never lost 3 pounds in a single week.  Next week I'm hoping to continue to try to improve the quality of the meals here at home with more vegetables.  I've never liked vegetables.  They taste very, very bitter to me and only a boat load of butter and salt and pepper can improve their taste. 

Hope everyone out there who are striving to get healthier are keeping the faith.  It's not easy, but to use an over worn phrase, it's worth it...we're worth it!  I keep imagining laying on the beach without my ugly granny swimsuit I was forced to buy a couple of years ago, and feeling more confident in my healthy body now ensconced in a cute hip swimsuit.  One piece of course.  No amount of exercise is going to get these stretchmarks off my tummy...thank you Ava and Brielle.  Still, they were worth it.  Who needs a flawless midsection anyway? 

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I have noticed as I make better food choice I crave better food choices. I haven't had fries since a had ace and they don't even sound appealing. I have noticed all the food commercials and when I first cut my calories they tortured mr, but not really anymore. I'm trying to keep in mind we eat to live, not live to eat. Go to fitness pal.com and friend me. It's a calorie counter and so easy and user friendly! I've lost 0 lbs this week! Good luck to us both! And oh how I wish it wasn't 14 degrees outside so we could walk.

Jill said...

i know! there are a lot of food commercials! usually when a football game is on especially. they run the coke zero commercial alot so i have drink one. it's just too hard not to. or i just want to so i do. :) darcie may be all those things you said. and yes we do love her but you have lots of really great qualities she doesn't have. it's too bad you weren't the only girl then you would just have brothers to compare yourself to. it's no fun. ps i love your curly hair!

Jill said...

oh and congrats on 3 lbs! that's awesome!

Kel said...

Three pounds in a week rocks! Congratulations.

And I have red hair...now I know why all the millionaires rejected me.

angie curtis said...

Great job on the 3 lbs! I can't remember the last time I lost 3 lbs, gaining on the other hand, that was after Christmas and New Years. :( Anyway, look into loseit.com it tracks your calories. It's kind of nice. And, by the way, Darcie isn't that blonde, she is a level 6 which is light brown/dark blonde! I know how it feels having a small sister. I always feel like a giant ogre compared to my petite sister. Keep up the hard work!

Chan said...

Wooot Wooot 3 pounds is awesome. Let me just say that I feel ya on this one. I have always struggled with my weight expect for a certain period in my life that was miserable. But we will by pass over that.

They say 80% of the battle is diet and I have to agree. Give veggies a try I think you will be surprised as you have gotten older how much your tastes have changed. I look at it this way, I am helping my daughter to make better health choices for her life. I hate discussing weight in front of her because she is at such a sensitive again. We focus on being healthy..nothing more.

Good luck and we should meet up and walk sometime..miss your face

Rory Drysdale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.