Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Cheated on my Diet

I am scared to get on the scale tomorrow morning.  I blame it all on Kneaders having a drive through.  It should be illegal for bakeries to have drive-throughs.  Don't they know there are people trying to reunite their upper bum to their lower bum...people with very little self-control and a biblical knowledge of what it's like to savor the berry cheesecake on their tongues....people who are shamed by their incredibly comfortable but equally ugly electric blue Crocs who dare not show their unpopular choice in footwear in public.  See?  The drive-through is just too easy.  Damn you berry cheesecake! 

Then there is my old flame that just won't burn out...Coca-Cola aka the nectar of the gods.  Everyone tells me to just drink diet.  Listen carefully o foolish ones - I'd rather drink Milk of Magnesia.  I know there are a lot of Diet Coke fans out there, but why? 

Meanwhile Jessica Alba's in my face with her better-than-ever post baby body.  "You would never know that she gave birth just six months ago..." The butt kiss of an interviewer exclaims.  Mariah Carey is screeching on t.v. in a tacky gold midriff-baring dress? half tube top/half long loin clothe? proclaiming that Jenny Craig worked for her.  Like the tacky getup I believe that Ms. Carey belongs back in the nineties as well.  Just because you married a much younger man doesn't mean that you are still relevant to the current generation.  Is this the aging diva's game plan?  The ultimate hip accessory is a husband born in the nineties.  Watch your back, Justin Bieber...Madonna's got her botoxed eyes on you.  Janet Jackson is instructing me to get on it.  Whatever that means.  I'd like to meet the ad wizards who came up with that slogan.  Get on it.  Pfsha.


Got off on a mean rant about skinny celebrities, didn't I?  Sorry about that.  Like I said I'm scared for the morning.  Pray for me.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Denise! i told you never to use that drive through! i should have never told you about this. i feel that this is all my fault. so sorry. just remember the money!!!!

Jill said...

ps i love the new blog look

Melissa said...

I feel like its my fault for ordering that berry cheesecake! I have been thinking about it every day since last Thursday, too. Denise I promise if you drank diet coke for a week you would love it. :). I use to cringe at the thought of diet, now if I accidentally get a regular I dry heave!

Good luck with the weigh-in!

Melissa said...

Ps in the picture of you with a tutu on your head Brielle looks like Debbie!

Becca said...

I thought Melissa claimed the berry cheesecake had weight loss properties! Was this a sabotage? I love the blog-Your girls are so cute!