Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ice Skating Lessons

When the flyer came home from school about ice skating lessons Ava was insistent she wanted in.  She had never tried ice skating, but was positive she would love it.  Sorry about the glare.  I took the pics from behind the plexiglass. 
Ava's face took on that look that I've seen many times...fear.  She kept falling.  I wasn't a big fan of the teacher either, who didn't notice for about ten minutes that Ava's skate had come undone worsening the falling down problem. 
I'm not sure it was good I was sitting there watching her.  Every time she made eye contact she started to wobble. 
If you could see her face clearly here you'd see tears streaming down her face.  When she gets frustrated she cries, and oh man was she frustrated.  She couldn't wait to get off the ice and told me that she didn't know the ice would be so "slippery".  She said she didn't ever want to ice skate again.  I told her the first time you do anything, you're probably not going to do it well.  Yesterday we went back to the ice rink and Brig went out on the ice with her.  They skated for an hour and by the end Ava was confident and happy on the ice.  Hopefully her lesson next week will go better. 
Oblivious to her sister's struggles Brielle got into my purse and pulled out my sunglasses.  She's so funny.  She likes putting things on her head and always looks expectantly at me waiting for a compliment. 


She's obsessed with stairs right now.  She loves going up and down them.  Unfortunately she doesn't want to go down the stairs the safe way so I always have to be vigilant.  Her and Ava have been playing a lot more together lately.  It's really fun for me to watch them play and cooperate together. 

No comments: