Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday

I regret to inform you that I have lost zero pounds over the course of the last two weeks.  Not surprising.  I have been hating on exercise lately.  The sweating, the jiggling, the over enthusiastic instructor, the frizzy hair that results from the sweating.  Have I ever told you I was the sweatiest girl in gym class?  Well I was.  Red faced and wet hair ringing my face.  I distinctly remember shoving folded up paper towels under my armpits in an effort to cool down before I had to rush to my next class.  Thin or fat I've always been this way.  It bothers me.  I imagine sometimes that people must think I have a Meth habit from the beads of sweat that break out on my forehead from the slightest effort. 

Brig and I went on a date tonight.  It's been a while.  As we drove down 7th East I found myself talking about Book Club, the stupid Sex Ed bill, and how my high school friend and I once took six cans of Pepsi with us to a local sledding hill and drank all of them and then peed our pants on the way back.  My youth was spent peeing my pants, truthfully.  I pretend like my incontinence is a recent event with the birth of children, but what my unsuspecting neighbors don't know is that I'm a long time pants wetter.  That's right.  The trampoline has never been my friend.  Put the singular spotlight on me and it's a sure way to make my bladder quiver.  It started with T-ball as a six year old.  I have fond memories of running around the bases with urine coursing down my legs, and then pretending that nothing is out of the ordinary.  News flash: the big wet spot on your backside kind of gives it away. 

Sweating and urine.  Good topics for weight loss Wednesday, don't you think? 

Now if you'll be so kind as to leave me a comment telling me why eating lumpy oatmeal and sweating my hair into an afro will be beneficial to my well-being in the long run.  Seriously.  I need motivation!

5 comments:

Chan said...

You crack me up, I am frustrated as well and just signed up for an 8week body challenge. I know this lady who swears the weight loss game is all mental. It's focus on loving yourself and getting mentally happy and the rest will fall into place. If you want the information just let me know . Personally I know what I need to do to lose weight but for some reason I just don't do it. Best of luck

Melissa said...

Denise, I too am a sick sweater. I sweat in my elbow pits when I run! I feel the sweat slide down my fore arms and onto my fingers... Gross! I always out sweat josh! Here is what keeps me going in the exercise/weightloss game when I get discouraged. I once read that it takes about 12 weeks of any exercise program before you start to see noticeable results. So I mark on my calendar three months out and just keep going. Even if I am losing no weight. I reached 12 weeks of general exercise this week, and 4 weeks of running and I lost four lbs in a week. Almost as much as the 10 weeks prior combined.

Ya just got a keep going. And it totally is worth the sweaty hair! Just do it! And eventually you will want to do it because it makes you feel better.

Sex Ed bill=naive! Give parents an opt out option if they Are uncomfortable with it. Knowledge is power! Just cuz kids don't know about protection doesn't mean they won't have sex!

Unknown said...

Well Cuz, I have to say that the sweating runs in the family, I always have a bead of sweat on my brow, or lip, etc... I know how horrible diet and exercise is, however the alternative is not pretty! I have been watching my 600 pound life and it makes me motivated to change my life now before I get too far gone. You are beautiful and amazing, just keep up the fight. I know you want to be there for those kids and you’re long down the road grand kids. Oh and one more gem..Heart disease runs in our family...I love ya and am so very proud of you! I hope you know how much of an inspiration you are to me!

Jill said...

YOu are so funny. this totally made me laugh. that had to be jasmine and you drinking pepsi! how dare you! I never knew that story. why is it we've been friends for years, years and you still have stories I know nothing about!? i must hear more. haha. listen one thing i do know is that i've never noticed you are a sweater really i haven't. i bet no one does. who cares so you sweat. i do too you know, and i peed my pants lots of times with you in high school. :) you can totally loose weight if you believe in yourself. i believe in you. hugs!!!

tarheelio said...

I love you Denise! You make me laugh almost every time I read your blog-- you're amazing!