Saturday, April 25, 2009

KidzBop

I wanna know who thought it was a good idea to make often mature themed Top 40 hits into kid friendly fare. Honestly, their motto is sung by kids for kids. I don't care who's singing it, it's just bizarre. Little innocent voices singing Sean Kingston's "Take You There" was surreal. The lyrics truly aren't filthy but just a little too heavy for little kids to be singing along to. "...we can go to the slums, where killas get hung, shorty I could take you there..." Yeah, no thank you Mickey D's. I am not digging the happy meal prize!

It's the time of year when I decide to try to get my butt in shape and hence the spring cleaning of the songs loaded onto my ipod. Just thought I'd share a few I added that really get me motivated....

All-American Rejects - Night Drive. The tempo and steady beat is perfect for my pace. Love it.

The Hives - Tick Tick Boom and Try it Again. Tick Tick Boom is fast and explosive for when you're trying to up your speed. Try it Again is just fun to run to. The first few lines are just awesome: "Here is to you honey. But I'm out of your league. Never gonna pass me' Cause I'm out of your league, your league, your league. Lookie here baby You're coming my way. But I move like a landslide. So get out of my way and stay away"

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole. I'm not trying to be a famous novelist writing about vampire love, but this song rocks.

Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Going Down. Great song, weird music video. Youtube it, you'll see what I mean.

Elastica - Connection. An oldie but a goodie. Takes me back to when Clarkston had one ward and one soft ball team and we dominated in our pepto bismol colored shirts. Let's go Iris Glow!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Madison has that cd I've listened to it and I thought it was a great thing because most of the bad words are replaced. I think kids will listen to the songs whether or not they have better lyrics. If I had kids I would rather them listen to this than what's on the radio.

Ericka said...

Cam just got one of those CD's from McDonalds last week...we have listened to it once but he still prefers the dinosaur CD you gave him. I need Brig and your mad skills and modern knowledge of music to help me load some good songs on my MP3...I feel like I dropped off the planet for good when I went on a mission when it comes to music.

Denise said...

Good Point, Jill. I still despise Kidz Bop though. I threw the cd in the trash. Hopefully Ava will continue to love ABBA.