Saturday, April 11, 2009

WTFREAK?

Last Sunday night I am flipping channels, dreading going to bed and starting another week. Since I don't work outside of the home anymore I really have nothing to dread from the work week, but like a bad habit that let down feeling after the weekend is over has never went away. Suddenly I spy a title of a t.v. show that looks very intriguing. "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" is playing on TLC. And the second I start watching I am sucked in. It's like a train wreck. How in the world do these women not know they are pregant for NINE MONTHS?!

I can understand not knowing for two or three months, maybe even five months, but the whole pregnancy? Wow. Turns out it was a marathon of the series. I know, right! There are enough women out there who didn't know they were pregnant for a whole slew of episodes? That's right. Babies being born in toilets, dirty camp restrooms, unknowing hospitals. You name it.

It got me to thinking. Most of the women had little to no weight gain. And yes, most of them were on the heavier side. But it got me to wondering if cravings and weight gain are things that come along because we KNOW we are pregnant and so all the symptoms we have heard about being associated with pregnancy come along. The extended belly I mean. None of these women had it. How much of it is influenced by psychology? I'm not saying it is. My craving for vanilla ice cream with brown gravy over it was very real. Anyway there is a video down below. Watch it. I'm telling you I was up into the late hours watching these surreal stories. DRAMA!!!

3 comments:

Ericka said...

That sounds like something I would stay up late watching. My friends here keep talking about it too so there must be something that sucks you in! I would love to be unaware of pregnancy but then these women are probably not throwing up 10 times a day either!

Melissa said...

i thought the exact same thing when i watched. maybe morning sickness is all in our heads... I am going to try to not think I am pregnant next time and see if the nausea subsides! Honestly though I too wonder how much of it is psychological as well.

kathy said...

Ice cream with brown gravy? Oh, that's just sick. I can understand chicken gravy on vanilla, though....