Monday, September 5, 2011

People I Love

I was so fortunate to have grown up just a few blocks from my grandparents.  There door was always open to us grandkids, as well as their cookie jar.  When our Miller cousins were in town sometimes their house was pretty full to capacity of grandkids and they never seemed anything but happy to have us all there although I'm sure we made more work for them. 
Brielle and Grandma Shirleen and Grandpa Denzel.  Not in Den-ZEL Washington.  His name gets pronounced that way all the time.  It's DEN-zl, people.  I'm sure he'd never complain though.  He's just that nice. 
My grandparents are big sports fans.  They watch football and basketball together.  Grandma gets into it just as much as Grandpa.  Maybe someday I'll be like that.  For now I just roll my eyes and go into the other room when Brig is on a football bender. 

Us Clark girls.  Oh and Grandpa.  The guy who used to drive the Book-Mobile would always say to me, "You're one of those Clark girls, aren't you?  I can tell."  Well, partly true, yes. 
My Aunt LaRainne.  I hope I spelled that right.  I never seem to.  She is my Grandpa's older sister and she's incredible.  I've never heard her speak badly of anyone.  And every time I see her no matter how I'm dressed or how frizzy my hair is or how much weight I've gained from the last time I saw her she always tells me how absolutely beautiful I am.  I'm sure I could show up dressed like Lady Gaga and she'd still tell me how wonderful I looked.  She seems to have a boundless supply of energy and is such a great matriarch to her beautiful family.  I love these people and wish Ava and Brielle could grow up just blocks from them like I did. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

you're a blogging queen! and i love it! you know i've just realized something. i really really wish i could have known your grandpa's parents because obviously they were remarkable people to have such kind and loving children.

Chan said...

Truly the nicest people in the entire world...They are always full of compliments and honestly wouldn't hurt a flea. Love them all.