Monday, September 12, 2011

Snail Circus

Ava loves snails.  I can't explain it.  Snails are not particularly cuddly.  Maybe it's that Spongebob has a pet snail named Gary.  Anyway, I came outside to see what Ava was doing the other day and she said, "Step right up!  Come and see the amazing Snail Circus!" 
Ava had corralled four snails.  She had decided they were snail versions of our family.  In this picture I am the one closest to the lens hiding in my shell.  That's about right.  Ava is right next to me.  And little Brielle is hitching a ride on Daddy Brigham's back. 
 Oh no!  Ava is trying to escape!
Ava was thrilled when Daddy Brigham took the initiative and climbed onto the "balance beam" (AKA Ava's pink hula hoop) himself.  What a dare devil.
When I told Ava that French people eat snails loaded with butter and garlic and call it escargot she scowled.  I do believe she thinks the French people are monsters.  How could you look at a slimy, adorable snail and think...appetizer?  Oh Ava.  Gotta love her. 

5 comments:

kathy said...

Is it okay for me to love your daughter, even if I've never met either of you?

Jill said...

ooooo yuk. i hate snails. hate slimmy things ie worms and slugs. ooo ava you are a dare devil yourself! ps we don't have snails like that here that i've ever seen.

Melissa said...

I have never seen a snail here either. Only slugs. I too despise slugs and i can imagine, snails. As escargot or otherwise. I LOVE that she likes to play with them! That is awesome. What cute little imaginations girls have.

Candi Merritt said...

When I was little, I used to play "worm hospital". I can definately relate to Ava's snails:) Too cute!

Ericka said...

So cute! We need to get Cam and Ava together, their love of bugs would keep them busy together all day!