Tuesday, November 13, 2012

80's Day

Quite frankly I think today's trends are right out of the eighties, so I think for most pulling off eighties day would not be that difficult.  But for me I was trying to think of things in her existing wardrobe that would work and was coming up blank.  With that in mind we were at Shopko the other day and browsing the left-over Halloween costumes when we came across this little number for a whopping $3!  Sold.  Paired with her Chuck E Cheese 200 point glasses it worked out great.  When we got home from shopping Ava threw on her new eighties costume and we listened to a bevy of 80's songs to get inspired.  It was fun.  I was reminded of how upbeat the music from that era was.  Ah, the Reagan years when people were prosperous and the hair was huge. 
I don't know if Ava is flashing Call me maybe, or hang loose with her hand. 
Happy 80's Day!

3 comments:

kathy said...

It's sort of a slap in the face when your own era becomes retro. And even worse when the era that came after yours becomes retro! Seriously, why did we ever leave the 70's? It was the BEST.

Melissa said...

I've been watching Full House reruns with Addison.... We are wearing all those early nineties styles polka dots, stripes, neons, drop collar, balet flats. It's crazy.

Jill said...

oh she looks so great! Love her hair. Bree looks like a little Debbie standing there. adorable.