Monday, November 12, 2012

Crazy Hair Day

I love crazy hair day.  I wish we had crazy hair day growing up.  Maybe that's why I tend to go, well, overboard.  Just a bit. 






When I dropped her off at school and saw the rather tame "crazy" hairdos walking past my car I started to worry.  Hmmm, it might be a little much.  I got home and told Brig that Ava went walking into school with her drag queen hairdo while everyone else had ratted hair or multiple braids.  He suggested any idea I have in the future I need to reduce it by three-fourths. 

Every Monday I go up to volunteer at Ava's school an hour before school lets out.  Her teacher walked past and told me that Ava's hair was a hit with the other students.  I replied, "I was kind of worried after I sent her off that she'd be embarrassed that we'd went all out."  She assured me that Ava was soaking up the attention proudly.  Phew. 

Ava was as happy as a clam as we walked to our car after school.  Her only complaint was that she couldn't do the monkey bars because her hair was too tall.  Hehe. 

3 comments:

Becca said...

Crazy hair day....I swear we had it! Why else do I remember you in wire braids?????

Melissa said...

Holy crap Denise!!!!!!! How did you do that??? Was her neck tired that night????? What's that pose in the bottom pictured called "weapons of mass seduction"???? I love you!!!!!

Jill said...

denise, you win the award! seriously you are amazing. what is all that stuff in her hair? dollar store decor or what? i love it. I didn't even notice the snow and i was thinking where the heck is the snow pictures. haha!!!!