Monday, May 4, 2009

I am in love...with this woman

Well not romantic love, but just girlfriend love. This is Ree Drummond. She has a hilarious blog over at www.thepioneerwoman.com . She's so real and so funny that I wish she was my friend IRL. I'm sure I'm the last to know about this amazing woman and her blog since I don't usually seek out blogs where I don't know the author. Thanks Jill. Thank you for writing that one truly bizarre, truly intrigueing line from Ree's ongoing true life story about meeting and falling in love with her cowboy man also known as "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" in an email.

She also cooks and from the looks of her recipes I'd probably pack on another ten pounds in no time flat, but when I'm on her cooking section it makes me forget all about that awful meat shunning Green Smoothie Girl and her diahrrea colored smothies I've taken up drinking in my quest for a defined waistline. Visions of hot homemade bread with garlic and so much cheese melted on it it's practically obscene dance in my head and suddenly I don't care about flaxseeds and sprouted almonds and kale. The Pioneer Woman is a tall glass of ice water in this blistering hot and desolate wasteland called dieting.

Plus like I mentioned she weaves the story of her now husband and his romancing of her with his cowboy boots, his soft chuckle and his propensity to turn her legs to jelly with just one kiss. It's romantic. It's magical. It makes me re-think my hatred of Wranglers on men. So hop on over to her site. You'll spend way too much time reading about life on the ranch.

3 comments:

Becca said...

LOVE HER! Wanted to Kill Jill for suggesting to read her love story, It is so LONG, yet so good. She is trully inspiring! Miss you.....

Becca said...

PS----Could you make it to a playdate sometime next week?

Jill said...

oh I love her too. I really can't wait until she writes more. She's so pretty. Her hair is the perfect color of red.