Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vote! For which Haircut I should Get...

I always feel like cutting my hair when the temperature rises. Just throw a blanket on the back of your neck and go walking around, you'll soon know how it feels. Lately I've been watching those Mennonite women that live in these parts and have actually debated on if I should approach one and ask where I can pick me up a bun coverer. It would probably be a bit disrespectful to say the least but think about it...some days it would be wonderful to just twirl your hair into a bun and slap a head covering on it. Never a bad hair day in that community. I guess they make up for it in their long hot pioneer dresses though. A double edge sword, there.





I've been googling short curly haircuts and I have to confess the pickings are slim. Perhaps it's because as one online curly haired sister put it The shorter the haircut the more poodle-like the curls become. It's probably true, but still you can't blame me for wanting variation. I've put a few pictures below and would love your honest opinion. Please cast your vote. Without further ado...
#1 - The Sideshow Bob. It's wild and crazy, but mostly crazy. To be quite honest I probably have the puff in my hair to pull off this style. Remind me to let my hair air dry with no product in it and take a picture. I can assure you any and all envy you may have once felt will vanish. I let it air dry once and asked Brig if he still would have pursued me with my hair this way. He was pretty quiet. He changed the subject. Point taken.

#2 - Guy Curly. I'm not sure what this guy's name is but he looks like a Guy to me. I've always steared clear of fellow curly heads of the opposite sex because the genetic offspring we could potentially create would hate both of us forever. How do you think I'd look with this haircut? Sexy, right?

#3 - The Carrot Top. This haircut would satisfy two of my recent longings. Red hair and a short cut. Wow, that's frightening. I hope your toddler didn't toddle up to the computer just now and spy a glimpse of this freak. Nightmares, I tell you. Is that guy liner I detect?

#4 - The Keri Russell Before She Turned Against Her Natural Roots (Circa 2000). Nothing peeves me more than a celebrity that has naturally curly hair and then gets famous and perpetually straightens it JORDIN SPARKS. I understand the need to see how the other half live every once and a while. And I'm sure it's more and more tempting when you can hire someone to straighten your hair for you but come on! JORDIN SPARKS! Really this is the cut I like. It's cute. I'd love to see how this looks on.

5 comments:

angie curtis said...

you have beautiful hair just the way it is! I giggled at carrot tops nasty brow lift!!

Jill said...

ya I too noticed his brows yikes. ummm those women ALWAYS have bad hair days not never.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a program that would take your picture and change your hair style for your hair type. that would save you from making a bad mistake or would help you make a great decision. good luck.

Melissa said...

I think carrot tops hair is kind of pretty to be honest. I would do it a little more auburn and a little less orange if you decide to go for that look.

Katie and Co. said...

I am one of the few who know EXACTLY what you mean by drying your hair without any product. Feeling very crazy one night, I blow-dryed my product-less hair for my roommates to see. I think they are still laughing.

They actually do make software that allows you to "try on" different hair styles. Haven't tried it myself.

It really is a shame that hair like that is wasted on someone like Carrot Top.

Good luck! I feel your pain.

The Barth Family said...

You crack me up! I love the different hairstyles you picked out, but definitely the last one is the best! You will have to post pictures when you get it done!