Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Quidditch

The Young Men in our ward hosted a Quidditch game last week.  The Elders were invited to attend, but the guy on the left (the Elders Quorum President) forget to mention it to the rest of the brethren, resulting in Brig and Marty being the only two informed Elders who attended.  Brig and Marty are like bread and butter.  They go rock climbing together, attend midnight showings of nerdy comic book character movies, and talk International Scouts together.  I'd complain about the time Brig spends out of the house with this guy, but I have no reason to.  He's a great guy and a good friend to Brig.  If my good friends were living in the same neighborhood as me I'd be spending a few nights out as well.  But they're in Cache Valley.  Le Sigh. 
Most guys had regular brooms, but Brig having a big Harry Potter fan for a wife bit off more than he could chew.  I insisted it resemble the broomsticks in the movies and books.  He put his foot down when I was trying to figure out a way to attach some stirrups to the broom. 
The rules were fairly complicated, especially owing to the fact that none of these wizards can actually fly.  The guy in yellow was the golden snitch.  It was fun to watch for a while, until Brielle wanted to run out into the melee continuously.  Her and I went home and watched some Modern Family while Brig and Ava stayed.  Good times.

1 comment:

Jill said...

ummm could someone get that boy im the hansen jersey some pants please!!!!