Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weight loss wednesday

I get confused.  On Sundays I email my dad about how much I've lost over the past week, but on Wednesdays I post here, so sometimes I have to try to keep straight what my weight was the week before.  Bah.  I'm easily confused. 

This week I didn't lose any weight according to my Sunday weigh in.  But today it said I had lost one pound.  So there you go.  I'll take it.  I have been having a serious motivation problem. A crisis of faith in myself, maybe.   I've been feeling really tired lately and that makes me not want to work out.  Although I know if I did it would probably help to boost my energy levels.  I do stay up too late.  Usually midnight.  And that's because I need to be alone, without the kids and without Brig.  Just an hour, maybe two is all I get.  People with more children than I do probably don't even get one hour. 

I won't circle back to that topic because I talked about that last time.  The kids are good.  Life is pretty uneventful.  I read a book called Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly.  It's young adult fiction.  She also writes historical romance but they have naughty bits in them so I'm not sure I can fully recommend them.  Anyway, Revolution is about a Brooklyn teen dealing with a tragedy in her family.  Her Dad makes her come with him to Paris for a project he is doing on some genetic coding over winter break of her senior year of high school.  There she finds a diary of a young girl dating back to the French Revolution.  My point, and I do have one, is that in the diary the girl, Alexandrine notes how war excites people because it gives them something to talk about.  It gives them something to escape their ho hum lives through.  There's been times in my life that I've wished for something to happen, good or bad, as long as it gave me something to focus on besides laundry and dishes and diapers.  Not that I want a war.  Although the way things are going we may have more boots in the ground in the middle east soon. 

Being a stay at home mom is very isolating.  I definitely think it contributes to my depression.  I'm rambling.  I'm going to go now before you start charging me for the therapy session.  Hoping you all have a happy, healthy week!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you don't me following your weight loss journey. I'm on my own... motivation from others defiantly help me.
(Kirsten Reeves is my cousin so that is how I found you!)

Jill said...

1 pound is still loosing weight so good job!! being a stay at home mom is hard but it's what we do. :)

Denise said...

Hi Amber. You're certainly welcome to read. Losing weight is not easy and I'd love to have someone commenting that is on the same journey.

Melissa said...

I'm pissed about how hard it is to lose weight this time. Last baby I didn't do anything and it was off in 16 weeks. I am currently losing .3 lbs a week! So frustrated. Need to regroup.