Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What do you do on a Saturday?


Brig works Saturdays which means it's just me and the kids, wracking our brains as to what to do all day long.  Before the holidays, I had bought some half price admissions to Discovery Gateway to use at a later date.  Well Saturday turned out to be that later date.  All of Salt Lake Valley decided it was their later date as well.  Oh the horror!
 Brielle is like, "Save me!" 



I'll sum up the trip for you: Ava whined that she had no one to play with and that someone else was playing with/on what she wanted to play with.  Brielle kept running away from me and laughing like it was funny, until I strapped her into her stroller and made like the Indy 500 until she fell asleep.  Kids were everywhere, parents were everywhere, and all I kept thinking about was all the germs everywhere.  I'm not usually obsessive about germs but it was really grossing me out thinking about all the hands touching everything that my babies were touching and in Brielle's case, licking and biting.  We exit through the gift shop and Ava wants a wind up butterfly really, really bad.  It's five bucks which I thought was a bit high for a small wind up toy.  I bought it anyway and seriously two seconds out of the gift shop it's wings broke off resulting in Ava bawling like Finding Bigfoot had just been cancelled.  I'm not sure half price was even worth it. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

well at least you were out of the house. :) i love that you pushed bre so fast to get her to sleep i can just see you.