Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Update

Thanks for your prayers! Brig's dad got out of surgery at 4 am this morning and all went well. He is resting and recovering and the doctors are keeping an eye on him. We will probably drive to SLC and see him tonight. I've been thinking about the donor and their family. I'm so glad that my father-in-law was able to get a new healthy liver and prolong his time with his family here on earth, but I was also thinking of the donor's family and how they are grieving for their lost loved one. Modern medicine is amazing and so are those willing to be organ donors!

3 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

Wow 4AM this must have been a huge rush do they only have so long to get the surgery done.
I thought the same thing about the donors family. I feel for them. HOw wonderful they are willing to save someone elses life and are that caring in the middle of whatever they are going thru.

Sarah said...

I'm glad he is doing ok. That would be so stressful at times, I'm sure. Anyway, I'm glad he is doing good.

Ericka said...

What a relief for you all! I am so happy for you, Brig, and his family! Thanks for keeping us updated!