Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bad news...

I am scientifically not beautiful! I was perusing the news stories last night on my homepage, putting off going to bed, heavens knows why because I do need the sleep. I found a link to a story about how scientists have created an algorithm that can morph a picture of a face into a more beautiful version according to what most people find beautiful. So you can read all about it at this link http://www.aolhealth.com/healthy-living/beauty-skin-care/science-perfect-face but what it basically comes down to is people find women's faces that have proportions like a babies to be more attractive. You heard me, babies. Which makes sense since babies look so cute to us so we'll take care of them. It's no secret I don't have delicate baby features. I have a very prominent nose thanks to my Norwegian ancestors. A quick shout out to the Carlsen's! The article has "helpful" tips as to how to make your face more attractive. Most of it involves plastic surgery. Sorry, but I don't have enough self-hatred for my face yet to willingly let someone stick a knife in it! Whenever I read stories like this I have to reassure myself that I am for the most part a kind person who cares about others and on occasion can make people laugh. I still have my personality, right? If that story makes you depressed definitely don't click on the story about how women with a greater waist to hip ratio are healthier than hourglasses and pears and apple shapes. I used to have an hourglass but I'm more of a busty apple these days. The article cited Keira Knightly as being an example of this. Fabulous! If you happen to be one of these super-model type bodies you can celebrate...and I officially loathe you.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You forgot to mention you have enviable lips and forehead my dear!!! I thinks its unrealistic to think that you can have all of those characteristics and if you do you are most likely already in show-biz. Hence the disproportional amount of pretty people in hollywood. I have too skinny of lips, NO forehead, and a square jaw. No baby face here!

Natelli Johnston said...

you do have enviable lips. I am bored so maybe I will go and take a look at the sight.