Wednesday, January 7, 2009

An Explanation

I thought I'd explain why I named my blog Mattress Wars. My sister-in-law Holly asked me why I named it that and I blurted out, "Because Brig and I don't get along in bed." And both Holly's and my sister, Dawn's eyebrows shot up and they said, "Alll righty then." That's not exactly what I meant. I meant I'm a bed hog. I admit it. I've always been one. I've contemplated going to bed hogs anonymous but decided I just can't quit now. Anyway, ever since we've been married we haven't quite gotten the hang of sleeping together down. I am surprisingly aggressive in the middle of the night still half asleep when my husband tries to gain back a few lost inches or pull some covers away from where I lay with them clutched in a death grip. Brig claims I've really let him have it but when I wake up I remember almost nothing. And before you start feeling sorry for him I woke up the other morning with a stuffed animal laying next to my face. When I expressed my surprise at Jack Jack the Polar Bear invading our bed my husband admitted to throwing it at my head because I wouldn't stop snoring. Nice. This is our life. So I thought for my blog I'd name it Mattress Wars: It's not personal, it's family. You know like "Go to the mattresses" off of The Godfather via You've Got Mail, It's not personal, it's business. So that's the explanation. I decided too late that I didn't want to blog as much about family as I used to so now I'm stuck with Mattress Wars. I think it's time to get a king size bed. Unfortunately I can't change the name of my blog!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

why am i not on your blog list? Is this your way of saying our friendship is over?

Melissa said...

but please don't feel pressure to put me on if you purposely excluded me. This is your sanctuary!

Jill said...

That's what I thought. From the godfather/you've got mail. But didn't know exactly why. I didn't know you are a bed hog. The first year every night matt said he woke up to me pushing him out of bed. I guess we girls just need our space. Even now when he tries to cuddle or even touch me in the night i kick at him- sorry Matt. love ya. ;)

Candi Merritt said...

I'm so glad you are back!

kathy said...

I'm glad I stumbled onto your new blog, and I'm glad you will admit to snoring. That's not something many women will own up to. I snore like a chainsaw, and for some reason I'm supposed to be embarrassed about it? It's not like I do it on purpose. Or maybe I do because it keeps the husband on his own side of the bed. I hate anyone touching me when I sleep. But anyway, welcome back to blogworld, and write any damn thing you want! You're great!