Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions/Pregnancy Watch 2009

My new years resolution. It's the same as it's been seven years running...lose weight. Can I tell you how depressing it was to pull out my winter snow bibs and put them on and not be able to zip them up. I said to my hubby, "Well it's not like I've been able to fit in them since I had Ava anyway." If my husband were of the sweet variety he would have said, "Yeah, but I'm loving that belly your rocking. Women with flat stomachs turn me off." But alas, he did not say that instead he had to tell me that I was wrong, "You wore those the winter after you had Ava, like two years ago." I just looked at him trying to find a loophole out of what he was saying. Of course I remembered that I had wore them two winters ago when we went snowmobiling to West Yellowstone. I knew that when I said I hadn't been able to wear them after I had Ava. I said it to keep my sanity but I was denied even that much.

Resolution #2: Get Ava poop trained. She's fine with going number one but is still frightened of doing number 2.

Resolution #3: Learn a language. Italian, Spanish, French. I'm not sure but I would love to learn one. Maybe Spanish since mi espouso habla Espaneol?

Resolution #4: Get Pregnant. Or not. I'm being rather cruel about it since my mother-in-law has been dropping hints like crazy for over a year now. The truth is I'm not sure I'm ready for another one. Some days I am so baby hungry but others I'm fine with my whiney three year old. It's not like sleeping below my mother and father-in-law puts me in the mood. But I have a sneaky suspicion that my MIL thinks I just might be pregnant. Probably due to my Coke belly. So I'm playing right into it. The other day Ava made some comment about having a baby sister. My MIL raised her eyebrows and said, "Did you just spill the beans Ava?" I just laughed and didn't say anything. Then a few days ago I was feeling dizzy. I had to go outside to get some air and when I came back in she gave me a wink. Then yesterday I thought Ava had a dirty diaper but when I checked she didn't this was my MIL's reply, "Is your nose just hyper sensitive right now?" and laughed knowingly. I know this is kind of mean but if she wants to add meaning to things that have none then more power to her.

Resolution #5: Be a better mother.

Resolution #6: Be a better wife. Sometimes I'll catch myself being witchy to my husband and I think WHY? Why do I treat him like this sometimes? Whether he deserves it or not he probably wonders where the sweet, funny woman he married went to. I think part of this is I used to be able to devote all of my love and affection to him. But now I'm constantly caring for someone else and some days I think I just can't be patient and loving with one more person or I'll scream! We need a couples vacation I think. When we are just the two of us I remember why we fell in love in the first place. It's been too long.

Resolution #7: Read the scriptures each day. I love reading. But it's been a long time since I've been enthusiastic about reading the scriptures. Maybe I should take an institute class.

Resolution #8: Get on the treadmill. The reason for two posts in one day? Putting off exercising. So on that note I better go and work on taking my coke belly off.

1 comment:

Jill said...

love the resolutions they sound about like the ones I should make. . . . .